Chris Akins wrote:
> page:  www.springfieldmogov.org/founders/new.html
> CSS:  www.springfieldmogov.org/css/founders.css
>
> Problem:  The background image on the #content div is a photo montage
> running down the left side of the page.  It's position looks great in
> Firefox, shows a slight gap in IE on both PC and Mac, is substantially
> higher in Safari (thus not lining up properly under the logo), and Netscape
> doesn't show it at all.

I'd be more concerned about Safari ignoring the padding-top:40px of
#content. #content clears the floating li of the the menu. For me, the
padding should not collapse with the menu, and Fx and Opera agree.
Someone with a little time and understanding should reduce this.

> ... Incidently, is there any trick to getting responses?  I posted a thing
> several days ago but haven't gotten any.  Yet others seem to have many, many
> replies.  :-(

You could try to ask simpler questions. It's just too hot here.

Ingo

--
http://www.satzansatz.de/css.html