Am somewhat of a CSS novice and am trying to layout a webpage in CSS, without
using tables.

Why?  Had designed (redesigned actually) with tables (www.dvmvac.com/REDESIGN)
and some CSS. It
looked ok, but the content was basically only links and it seemed that the
'accepted' method is to use CSS unless the content is  tabular data.

Anyway, I've changed the layout to all CSS, but it's long (and not straight
forward). The CSS version is: www.dvmvac.com/woTbl .

The CSS file is quite long and I don't want to clutter-up the email so I'm
attaching it

Can someone look at my layout - with an eye toward what I can do to reduce the
length (and complexity)? I haven't finished with the 'a' link,visited,hover
tag/attributes yet(so some of the colors obviously need work) because it seemed
to be getting longer - with no end in sight.

Thanks for any help/advice.

Alan