I am using AListAparts liquid layout method with negative margins.  I
have a two column layout with the navigation on the right hand side.
All was working fine until I tried to add some index "blocks".  Each
block is a div and consists of a thumbnail picture and some text.  I
was hoping the blocks would end up in rows and columns and would use
the available  space in the window.  The wider the window, the more
columns.  Works for FireFox (Mac and PC).

However on IE (Win), the right nav will encroach upon the right
column of blocks, the nav content will bounce down below, until a
significant portion of the column is overlayed.  Then the blocks will
reflow correctly, the nav comes back, until the window gets close to
the next column once again.

All files have been Tidy'd and validated strict.

http://www.sandsmuseum.com/test/index.html

(The page has links to the css below for ease of viewing.)

css:
initialization:  http://www.sandsmuseum.com/global/cssstyle/
undoinitialization.css
layout:  http://www.sandsmuseum.com/global/cssstyle/layout.css
navigation:  http://www.sandsmuseum.com/global/cssstyle/rightnav.css
text format:  http://www.sandsmuseum.com/global/cssstyle/sitetext.css

The layout and the sitetext, where the class for the blocks
(indexelement) are of most interest.

Comments about anything I have done or am doing will be gratefully
accepted.

Thanks,

Michael

Michael Sands