Thanks everyone, I wasn't aware I could specify line-height without
units till now. Nice one. I've used a darker colour for the emphasised
paragraph and left the font-size on the body and content well alone. I
think the reason I shrank it down was that trebuchet didn't look so good
so I've specified helvetica instead which seems to work better. I go
through phases of using a particular font... not good really. I'm gonna
have to knuckle down down and get to grips with typography. Anyway, time
to put this windmill to rest. At least it looks good on a mobile phone =]

Thanks to donQuixote, Felix, Dave Pierce (for an off-list screen grab in
safari) and dino for their comments and Georg for educating a young
upstart like me.

-Sancho Panza