At 03:00 PM 8/15/2006, David Laakso wrote:
>Janet Chang wrote:
>>I can't for the life of me seem to figure out why the spacing between
>>certain DIVs in the web page I'm working on are rendering differently in
>>IE and Firefox.
>>
>Me either.
>>Sample page: http://www3.law.northwestern.edu/faculty/profiles/JamesSpeta/
>>
>>The spacing between the last list item in "Areas of Expertise" and the
>>"Courses" heading (and between the last item under "Courses" and the
>>"Publications" heading) should be the same as the spacing separating the
>>rest of the sections lower down on the page.
>>
>.section h2 {
>  padding-top: 17px;
>}
>
>* html .section h2 {
>  padding-top: 0;
>>Janet Chang
>>

>~dL

Thanks for the reply. I tried that, too, but it also increased the space
between the lower sections so that they remained uneven with that of the
top three sections.

As another course of action, I tried deleting clear:both in my div.section,
and instead added a <br /> tag after the "Areas of Expertise" and "Courses"
sections and set br {clear: both} in my CSS.

Now it looks correct in Firefox, but the spacing is too narrow in IE (!?!)