[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
 > I know there is a program/tool - that optimizes the css when it is
 > live and can decompress it when you need to work on it. anybody know
 > where this tool is?

 > gzip maybe?

At my work, we've generally found that the savings caused by
optimising/obfuscating CSS files are not really worth the hassle. The
best approach, since it both preserves the order and cascade of your
CSS, is to minify the file (remove all comments and white space), and
Gzip it for agents which can accept it. This approach is free of the
stupid bugs which may be introduced by obfuscation and requires no
special tools.

YMMV.