> Richard, I regret that in your latest version the menu is not on the
> screen in xp ie/6.0 at 800 or 1024. It seems ok at 1280.
> 15 win/ie captures (win/ie 5 through 7)
> <http://www.browsercam.com/public.aspx?proj_id=285032>
>>  http://www.richardnicholson.com/testing/menu_with_frames8/editorial.html

Hi David

Thank you for posting your browsercam results.

I'm very disappointed.

IE5 seems like a hopeless case (the content has vanished as well as the
menu).

However I reckon there might be a fix for IE 5.5 and 6, as they both
seem capable of displaying the menu - they just need an excessive
amount of horizontal space to do so....

The H1 title, 'r n photography', floated right, has a 28em left margin
to stop it colliding into the menu when the browser window is narrow.
The menu is positioned absolutely, so the 28em left margin on the H1
element SHOULD be measured from the left edge of the browser window
(i.e. the dimensions of the menu SHOULD be ignored). It seems like
things are working differently in IE 5.5 and 6, and the margin on the
H1 element is hitting up against the menu and knocking it out of
place....

Hmmm. Back to the drawing board.

If anyone can understand what's going wrong, please let me know.

Cheers

Richard