Austin, Darrel wrote:
>> Does anyone know of good solutions that I could test and try
>> to make the files compatible for both resolutions (600x400
>> and 1024x640) ?
>
> First of all, don't design for screen resolutions. It's mostly
> irrelevant. What matters are browser viewport sizes, and that can be
> anything and everything.

Agreed. I have been guilty of designing for specific resolutions for a
while, and I am trying to break out of this. Liquid layouts with a
decent max-width should work pretty well I think.

The sizes you mention are rather non-standard - 1024x640? Typo? If you
need a quick fix, I would suggest using a resolution-dependant layout
switcher, google "resolution dependant layout" for some solutions.
Essentially it's a little javascript that switches from one stylesheet
to another based on the width of the browser window. The usual caveats
about browser size not equal to viewport apply.

Just out of curiousity, what device operates at 600x400? I'm assuming
it's some kind of hand-held device?

Regards,
  - Rahul.

PS: Please do post new questions using a "Create Message" or whatever
your mail client calls it. Otherwise for those of us using message
threading, it becomes rather confusing; not to mention I have to
manually cut and paste your email from the previous message, as I
replied to Darrels response, IMHO, a "more correct" way than the other.
I attach a small screenshot to illustrate what I mean.

http://rahulgonsalves.com/dump/threading.gif  - R.