Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 23:11:39 +1000
From: Lea de Groot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [css-d] URGENT... Client's requirement changed... Rip and
        tearat an entire CSS now??
To: css-d@lists.css-discuss.org

Marc wrote:
<snip>

> So yeah, I reverted to tables.  I'm so tired of fighting with CSS,

browser

> differences, and a much lower productivity rate than I used to have,

that at

> this point I'm starting not to care.  I thought I had planned out the

css on

> this site well enough to be able to institute changes fairly easily,

and I

> was horribly wrong.  CSS is killing my business... The smaller the

shop, the

> more it's about "DELIVER".  I had to deliver...and for the other

sites I'm

> building, the situation is no different.  I would love to do the
> csszengarden thing, but I also need to feed my family.

Hi Marc!

I hear your frustration, but don't be too disillusioned - tell me, when
you first started building web pages with tables, did being able to
execute any layout come overnight, or did it take time?
It took some time to get the various techniques down pat, right?
Theres no reason that it won't take you some time to come up to speed
with CSS-based layouts either.
Give it a chance - maybe on your less high priority projects? - and it
will all come together sooner than you probably find likely right now.

And a good nights sleep - that always works wonders :)

warmly,
Lea
--
Lea de Groot