This is a really dumb question, but so far the solutions I've come up
with have felt more hackish than the original.

 I have this form which I'm trying to clean up.  Here's a minimal
version of the basic idea:

http://www.thereeds.org/css/test.html

The look is fine, if minimalist, but I dislike using nested tables to
get it.  So I'm looking for a CSS solution.

The set of server checkboxes is created dynamically by JavaScript from
the results of an AJAX query to get the current active set; I can do
whatever I want with them, but it feels cleaner to have each checkbox
and label grouped into its own container item, whether it's a td or an
li or what have you.  The two sets (active and inactive) need to have
separate parent containers for the code to fill up, but I still want
them to appear side-by-side on the page.

Suggestions welcome.

Thanks!
--
Mark J. Reed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>