Eystein Alnaes wrote:

>To bring this thread back on track, I've come up with what I think is a nice
>solution for my earlier problem. I put up a page with a stripped down
>solution here:
><http://www.eystein.no/test/vertical_centering/verticallycentering.html>
>
>And the finished gallery example here:
>http://www.eystein.no/test/bildegalleri/samleside4.html
>
>And it should be perfectly safe to view it :)

Only problem in the gallery example is client side font-scaling, then
the text is climbing out of the boxes. - But no worry if you place the
text outside of the dia's.

>I believe this would help someone, as it took me 2 days of digging around,
>even testing javascript solutions. Vertical alignment is still problematic,
>much thanks to IE... Luckily my javascript skills are so bad I ended up with
>a css solution :P
>
>~eys

Hi Eystein,
Good work!

When I searched for getting an image of unknown size in a liquid size
container with painted corners/borders around, I encountered similar
problems with IE (no wonder). The standards compliant solution didn't
work in IE, with css only I got halfway (fixed width, liquid height),
and for a 100% IE proof solution I had to escape to a 1 cell table. -
Anyway, no javascript either. :-)
See testpages starting here
<http://home.tiscali.nl/developerscorner/liquidcorners/liquid-corners-playgarden-09a.htm>.
[1]

But who knows, maybe a combination can be made with your solution; just
find time to experiment ...

Greetings,
francky

[1]
Caused by the css-d thread starting at
http://archivist.incutio.com/viewlist/css-discuss/74057
with also the font-size proof testpage
http://home.tiscali.nl/developerscorner/liquidcorners/test-calpoly-new.htm
(this one has a bit javascript for repeating html codes).