-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Namens Gabriele Romanato
Verzonden: dimanche 15 octobre 2006 09:55
Aan: Gene Falck
CC: css-d@lists.css-discuss.org
Onderwerp: Re: [css-d] CSS shapes

2006/10/15, Gene Falck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hi David, Christian, and Gabriele,

> Gabriele wrote:

> http://www.css-zibaldone.com/the-css-switch-project/november-2006/shapes/

> all

> Christian wrote:

> > > This keeps cropping up as an amazing new CSS discovery. Can anyone

> > > think of a situation where this would be useful? It is like using a

> > > lot of HTML, background colours and spacer GIFs to paint an image.

> This is NOT a discovery. This is only a test. I don't pretend to have made

> a new discovery.

Experiments are not useful strictu sensu. that's the basic difference. I

can't ignore this difference.

your criticism is very similar to literary criticism: would be this poem

"useful"? utilitarism, I suppose.

or marxian criticism: everything should be "useful" to the underlyining

structure of society. otherwise, is useless. on the web, every single layout

should be "useful". that's the underlyning pragmatism of the WWW. sorry,

this is not my point of view. regards,

Gabriele

--

http://www.css-zibaldone.com/the-css-switch-project/