On Oct 23, 2006, at 10:31 AM, David Bailey wrote:

> I'm having a problem with text size in a series of tables on one page.
>
> The text on each page seems to get smaller on each table, especially
> with the list texts, and heightened with nested lists.
>
> I have tried all sorts of things to try and remedy this, but
> something is escaping me. I'm not sure if it is something inherited
> or what.
>
> http://www.eurovisionltd.co.nz/library_test_results.php
>
> stylesheet:
> http://www.eurovisionltd.co.nz/styles/layout.css

 From your stylesheet:

.resultTable td,{
        padding: 5px;
        font-size: .85em;
        line-height: 1.5em;
        color: #666;
}
/*
.resultTable li, li li {
        margin: 0;
        font-size: .85em;
}

The td has .85em, then the li, **descendant** of the td, is again .
85em, or .85em from .85em.

BTW, I presume that, in the second selector above, your 'li li'
applies to a <li> that is descendant of .resultTable. But yiu have
the selector wrong. The way it is written now, that 'li li' means any
li that is a descendant of a li. You have have various selectors like
that.
(and that also results in that progressively smaller font-size)

Philippe
---
Philippe Wittenbergh
<http://emps.l-c-n.com>