-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Gunlaug Sørtun
Sent: Thursday, 26, October, 2006 15:26 PM
To: css-d@lists.css-discuss.org
Subject: Re: [css-d] Debugging for operating systems and browsers?

Shawn Daniel wrote:
> I have always debugged for the same browsers in both Windows 2000 and
>  XP. for example, I.E. 6 and 5, Firefox 1, 1.5, 20., Netscape, etc.
> Is this necessary or do I just need the multiple browsers one one
> machine? Does/can I.E. 6, if the same build, render sites differently
>  when used on 2000 versus XP?

It is very rare to find major rendering-differences for one and the same
browser across different operating systems.
Even minor differences are quite rare, but I usually find some when I
challenge any browser hard enough, so I'm not too surprised when
something doesn't appear perfectly identical across operating systems.

IE6 on 2000 vs. on XP may have received different upgrades - through
service-packs etc, so they may handle some web documents different.
Often depends on which options that are set/chosen by users, as some of
the latest options on XP definitely have led to different handling vs.
same options on 2000.

Do you _have_ to check on more than one operating system?
- Generally: I think not, but it's a good idea to do so if you can.

regards
        Georg
--
http://www.gunlaug.no