On 10/30/06, Raymond Rodriguez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Well I'm stumped again. I'm having a problem with clearing a small
> floated div that contains one image and a brief caption underneath.
> The div floats just before a paragraph, which wraps nicely around
> it...except for the bullets of the UL that's within that paragraph.

Stop right there.  So far as I know in any recent version of html a UL
inside a paragraph is illegal html.  P elements can contain only
inline elements, and a UL is a block element.  Since CSS is designed
to apply to valid html or xhtml there's no telling how any particular
browser will apply any particular CSS rule to your invalid code.