I know I've asked questions about containing elements and all that in the
past, and I've never totally understood how they're supposed to work.  I
recently helped someone out with a CSS problem that he had when using
max-width, a property I didn't even know about.  Since I've got a minor
problem with photos sticking out of their parent elements over at
<http://www.kungfu-silat.com/history.html> (specifically, the first photo
on fairly high-res screens), I decided to try implementing its
sister-property, max-height.

I've tried to apply various max-height properties to the images on this
page, and none of them do a darn thing.  Max-width works fine.  I can set
it down to 10% and the images squish down to 1/10 the size of their
DIV.  Not so with max-height, though.

Is it possible to resize on-the-fly with max-height inside a DIV that has a
height dynamically determined by the amount of text in it?

Erik Harris                                http://www.eHarrisHome.com
-        AIM: KngFuJoe - Yahoo IM: kungfujoe7 - ICQ: 2610172        -
Chinese-Indonesian Martial Arts Club      http://www.kungfu-silat.com