On 11/28/06, Jon Hughes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> We are certainly getting closer! :)
>
> I am not sure what you mean by "jiggle the padding" but I don't swing
> that way ;)

What I meant was to remove all margins from the LI so they fill the
space in-between the top and bottom curves and can each hold a bit of
(fake?) border. Obviously you'll have to make some padding adjustments
to keep the layout looking the same. Might cause a problem with the
dotted margins (but since they're links, the a elements could hold
them instead). Welcome to the wonderful world of standards-based
layout!

> http://www.phazm.net/newphazm/index-abs.html
>
> IE:  Looks like the borders are shifting down, bringing the background
> with it.

Something, probably an IE bug, is causing the UL, but not its contents
and background(!), to drop down. Anyone know what this is? I've given
up thinking I've seen every IE6 bug. I notice the UL doesn't have
"layout" - an IE-only phenomenon, the lack or presence of which
sometimes causes problems. To switch it on, apply zoom:1 to the UL.
Might fix it.

> FF:  SO close!  But it's got little dingle berries hanging off the
> sides.

Another solution to this would be to add a non-semantic div underneath
the ul in the markup and apply the background to that.

Have fun!

Chris