If you are talking about on the fly on a web server, there are some
things in PHP (and I am assuming in other programming languages) that
can determine the size of an image. Then you can do the height/width
of the CSS style inline rather than in a stylesheet based on the
numbers that PHP figured out.

--
Kevin Murphy
Webmaster: Information and Marketing Services