On Dec 7, 2006, at 8:56 AM, Devon Miller wrote:

> Ok this seems to work for me in FF1.5, IE6, and IE7. These changes
> remove the need for some of the width restrictions by setting
> white-space to nowrap for anchors and by disabling width and float for
> the inner LI elements.
>
>    #nav a
>        add  'white-space: nowrap"
>        remove the width settings
>
>    #nav li ul
>        delete height and width settings
>
>    #nav li li
>        delete padding-right and width
>        add float: none !important
>        add width: auto !important
>
>    #nav li ul ul
>        delete margin settings
>
> dcm

Hi Devon,

Thanks very much. That got rid of that extra space to the right.
But... now in IE6 and IE7, the left 5px border and 1px white border-
bottom on the inner LI elements are slightly off by about 2 pixels. I
fixed IE7 by removing the width settings and adding the white-space:
nowrap to the #nav li ul a section, but it really messed up IE6.
Looks like and extra carriage return was added. (I've removed my
little addition and it's now as you've suggested) Any other ideas as
to why the extra space is there in the inner LI elements? I'm still
sooooo new to this. Thanks for your help.

http://pws.tonedeafstudios.com/
http://pws.tonedeafstudios.com/css/global.css

Mark