On 19/12/06, Information - Abyss <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> What is the communities view point on CSS "font-size" property? should it be
> in "pt" (point) or "px" (pixel) measurements?

Personally, I always design using 'em' units, wherever (and whenever)
possible. I have found that this unit of measurement allows for the
most fluid change in layouts, based on the user's type size preference
(in their internet browser of choice).

Failing that, I guess that I'd use pixels for
screen/projection/handheld and points for print.

> Personally I design in "pt" - but I would just like to get the view point of
> other developers and the reason behind why they use it.

PostScript points are a unit of measurement for print, not for screen
usage. I've always avoided using print units - even after browsers
started handling them better (circa 2002/3).
--
Cheers,
Sasha