Instead of using position:absolute on the .thumbs DIV, coul not not leave it
in the flow, beneath the .projecttext DIV (that contains the text), and put
a min-height (of about 572px) on .projecttext to keep it in place? (Of
course you'd need * html .projecttext { height:572px } for IE6 -)

Chris

On 1/5/07, Cody Thornton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> At this site http://www.matthew-cunningham.com/frontridge/project.htmlthere
> is a row of thumbnail images that risk overtaking the text if the
> viewer has the font size set larger than normal (the text wraps under the
> thumbnails).
>
> I want the absolute position of the row of thumbnails to hold among all of
> the projects EXCEPT in the rare case that the text is too large to fit in
> that space.  You can see what I mean by clicking on the project arrows to go
> from project to project.
>
> Is there a way to give those thumbnails an "absolute" position except when
> it needs to be pushed down?
>
> Thanks in advance!  I'm very new to CSS.
>
> Cody

Chris Ovenden

http://thepeer.blogspot.com
"Imagine all the people / Sharing all the world"