Sorry Larry, I don't see what's causing that.  I did notice that the image
popups don't work correctly in IE 6 though (they aren't absolutely
positioned); who knows, it may have something to do with that.  I have a few
suggestions for your CSS:

.pic a .large {
     /*...*/
     display:none;   /*instead of block; so it's hidden until you hover -
and so you don't have to make it a single pixel to hide it*/
     z-index:1;   /*or greater; so the large image shows above all the
smaller ones*/
}

.pic a.p1:hover .large {
     /*get rid of position:fixed - this is probably causing the problem with
the popups in IE; leave it as absolute*/
}

Hope that helps in some way :-)

Andy