Blake wrote:
> Ahh, just did some research and it turns out IE7 doesn't support the
> display: table; or display: table-cell; declarations ... *sigh*

> http://blakehaswell.com/others/blakehaswell/

That's correct, but unless I'm missing something (especially since I
don't have IE7 installed) then the following should work quite well...

#content {
height: 260px;
/* position: relative; <-- delete this */
position: absolute;
top: 50%;
margin-top: -130px;
}

...for vertically centering of a fix-sized layout like yours.

IE6 doesn't support transparency on those headline 'png', and IE5.x/win
also needs the usual text-align trickery for horizontal centering.
IE5/Mac needs some minor corrections - if you care to support it.
Other than that it looks fine across browser-land.

regards
        Georg
--
http://www.gunlaug.no