Pete Harrison wrote:
> I realise max-width does not work in IE, but I cannot seem to get it
> to work in FF2.0.0.1
>
> Any ideas why I've got this wrong?
>
> www.boxdproductions.co.uk

Max-width works perfectly in Firefox 2.0.0.1, but you have declared
max-width on #wrapper and those absolute positioned elements are not
given any relationship to #wrapper. So, the 'A:P' elements take their
width and height from the browser-window and overflow #wrapper.

If you add...
#wrapper {position: relative; min-height: 800px;}
...and correct the source-code to it shows...
...just to follow the rules of 'well-formedness' and 'validity' if
nothing else, then the relationship is established and you'll get the
behavior you're after.

Note that #wrapper won't expand to contain absolute positioned elements
all by itself, so that's why I have added 'min-height: 800px;'. You can
of course make html, body and wrapper stretch to 100% window-height, in
which case you won't need that pixel-value.

regards
        Georg
--
http://www.gunlaug.no