Hello there,

I'm having problems starting this design from scratch; I'm working on a
project for a NGO. Can anyone help me start off on the right foot:

I'm trying to have a fluid 3-column layout. Left column : Navbar. Right
column : 3 buttons. Middle column : Content.

The Layout structure i drew up can be seen
here<http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/9085/comporg5.jpg>

The top navbar list seen in the compo has around 11 items in it, how would i
set the width of the nav  to accommodate its container?

The navbar containing vertical lists on the left side of the website
contains many links that have sub level links, again how would i code its
container or the layouts length to fluidly suit this?

One last question : Does anyone have suggestions for font sizes? I'm trying
to have large serif fonts that are spaced out and easy to read.

Thanks,
Nouhad