okay, admittedly this is not really a CSS question, but I was hoping
someone on this list has come across this or is familiar with the
problem. For some reason, in Firefox only (doesn't seem to apply to
Safari or IE6/7), if you float an element and add an onclick event,
Firefox ignores the onclick event. The same element when not floated
responds normally. Does anyone know if this is a bug or proper browser
behavior? Also, any known workarounds to this? I'm not able to
position this clickable element using position: absolute, it must be
position: relative and it needs to float to the left of another
element. The only other solution I can think of is to place it into a
table in order to achieve the side-by-side presentation.

Thanks for any help,

Ben