John Hughes wrote:

> My navigation is contained in a div specified thus:

[snip]

> The problem is that whenever the contents of the enclosing div are
> such that the div height is less than the height of the Navigation
> div then I am afflicted with an overhang, such as the one on this
> page.
>
> http://aodhruadh.org/funding/index.php
>
> This occurs on Firefox an IE 7 on the PC. Is there anyway I can
> remedy this situation. I've being trying to do something about it for
>  ages now

Well, the absolute positioned Navigation isn't calculated into the
page-height since 'A:P' elements are taken completely out of the flow.

You may either add a large enough 'min-height' to #parent, or you will
have to redesign #navigation so it isn't absolute positioned anymore.
Many of us use 'float' instead of 'A:P' in such cases, and then make the
page "extend to contain floats".

regards
        Georg
--