Thanks for that technique, Matt -- that's a new one for me and very interesting.

I was actually referring to the background image.  I have the client
logo as a bg in the header div. What I wound up doing was putting a
transparent .gif there and linking that back to the home page. Many
people will click on a page logo to return to the home page, and she
wanted that on the site in addition to a text link.

Peg