I'm sorry, my "what it should look like" page got screwed up. The blue
div should be fully contained within the outer green container.

I appreciate you response, but you used fixed heights to achieve this,
and the whole point of my question was that I can't use fixed heights.

I suppose this is further evidence that this type of layout can not be
achieved with CSS alone.

Thanks,
Seth