Basically this is close...I probably should explain it a bit better.
Basically I'm looking for the "look of tables" but without using tables.
So I need everything that should be a column ex - fn, department, role,
note etc. to left align in what would be the cell in the table. Right
now nothing is left-aligning, it's all a bit scattered.  Any help would
be appreciated.

Christina

Christina Hope wrote:
> I am working on a redesign of a website and this is my first jump into
> CSS. I have added some microformats, but I would like to display my
> hCards all inline.  I am having problems with the display.

Not sure exactly what you are after - <spans> are inline elements by
default, so display : inline is not required. The padding should still
work though.

I think maybe the main cause of your problem is you are separating
multiple classes with a comma - correct syntax is separating with a
space.

More information on the subject is here
http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=MultipleClasses

Hope that helps
Dave #

BTW <div> s are block level elements - each will appear on a new "line",

and vertical spacing between them should be handled with margins...the
instance) poor form.
> .dispemp {
>       display:inline;
>       padding-left:10px;
>       padding-right:50px;
>       border-right:0px;
> }
>
> .dispempl{
>       display:inline;
>       padding-right:50px;
>       border-right:0px;
> }

> <abbr class="tel, dispemp" title="+123 456 7890"> x7890</abbr>
> <a class="email, dispemp" href="mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]">Email</a>

NY,