David Hucklesby wrote:

> Belated response, but - yes - IE 7 displays the same as FF, IE 6, and
> Opera 9.

Thank you.

For completeness: my demo-page has been changed - see dates in page...
<http://www.gunlaug.no/tos/alien/test_07_1850.html>
There's no 'display: table' to throw off IE7 anymore, and the height
relies on 'min-height' support across browser-land, with a hack for IE6
and older IE/win versions.

The reason for this change was not that IE7 made problems by its lack of
support for 'display: table', but that Gecko messed up absolute
positioning of elements relative to an element with CSS table properties
declared on it. That made the original solution useless, IMO.

I could easily fix IE7, but Firefox etc. didn't react well to any fixes.

regards
        Georg
--
http://www.gunlaug.no