Tim Dawson wrote:
> I'm using the Suckerfish drop-down menu method
> (http://alistapart.com/articles/dropdowns) which uses a JS file to
> create the pseudo hover classes instead of the csshover.htc behavior
> call.
>
> My problem seems to be the obverse of recent posts where drop-downs
> didn't appear.  For me, they sometimes won't go away.  See my test
> site at http://www.mullbb.co.uk/new/
>
> It works perfectly in Firefox (of course), and initially in IE6 & 7.
> However, in IE, if  you click anywhere on the page (not on an active
> link, but on plain text, image or even an input) something goes
> wrong.  Thereafter when you hover on the main menu headings the
> drop-downs appear and remain visible.  You can mouse all along the
> main menu row and make them all appear simultaneously.  Refreshing
> the page returns to normal, but you can't expect the visitor to do
> that, and in any case the input info is lost.
>
> I've tried the 'hasLayout' approach, so far without success.  The
> problem also occurs in the Suckerfish demo at
> http://www.htmldog.com/articles/suckerfish/dropdowns/example/bones2.html,
> so it's not just my code.
>
> Any suggestion gratefully received.

For the original htmldog SF demo, add

#nav li:hover {background-position: 0 0;}

Probably this fixes your page, too. Didn't invest the energy to download
and reassemble it.

The bug is basically the same as shown in [1], but the hover issue
appears to be slightly different in IE6 and IE7.

Old bugs (emperors) in new clothes.

Ingo

[1] http://www.satzansatz.de/cssd/pseudocss.html#hoverstuck

--