Matthew Stoneback wrote:

> First off, here is a link to my HTML:
> http://www.eddysound.com/epso/nav_test.htm

> And to my CSS: http://www.eddysound.com/epso/nav_test.css

> What I am looking to do is line the images up horizontally and use them as a
> navigational "bar."  I would like the images to have a 1 pixel border on the
> bottom and right; border color #847983.  If I have calculated right, it
> would make the whole navigation 524px wide, including the 1px border between
> each image.  Right now it is showing a border around the images on all
> sides.  I can take the border off with, border: none;, but I don't want to
> take away the entire border.  Any ideas?  Is my CSS wrong?

This worked for me:
#mainNav li a img{
         border: 0; /*changed */
         border-right: 1px solid; /*new*/
         border-bottom: 1px solid; /*new*/
        border-color: #847983;

Something to do with specificity, but I'm totally unmotivated to figure
it out, sorry.
}

> When lining images up horizontally, is there a inherit amount of padding or
> margin on the left and right sides?  Basically, why can I not line two
> images up flush against one another?  If an example is needed, I can post a
> link.

I just always assume that evil padding and margins lurk to thwart my
desires everywhere, and explicitly set them all to 0.

--
Steve Clason
Boulder, Colorado, USA