>2) what do people think of trying to encode all this data / case
>studies on this list into some sort of expert system - i am thinking
>something where you could type in keywords or a description of your
>problem and the system serves of possible useful info and examples of
>problems solved?   If there is something out there already, please
>let me know.   As for the task of programming something like this, it
>(to me) is more tractable than figuring the behavior of IE5/Win,
>IE5/Mac, IE6, and IE7 ....   :)

If you/anyone could come up with such a beast then it would certainly
be a fantastic and worthwhile beast. However, I would ask that people
write directly to Douglas to discuss this off-list, whether they are
actually interested in taking some active part in such an effort or
even if just to say "It could never work".

Mmmkay?

Alex
css-d moderator