I'm still in the very beginning stages as far as learning CSS.

I have two questions.
The first problem I am having is I want to add a text or list type
navigation on the left of  my pages (link below, test.html). I'm not sure
how to position the list of links correctly. Right now you will notice I
just have a placeholder text in the general area of where I want the
navigation to show up as a vertial list of links.

The second thing that I want to achieve with this particular site is that
when the visitor clicks on one of the top navigation links (home,
portfolio, about us, contact, news), I want the link that they choose to
remain #d60c8c(magenta. As it is now, the nav is a rollover. I would like
to highlight the link, for example; click to "about us"  and have the
magenta color remain behind the word "about" while the visitor is on that
page. The same will go for all the top links depending on which page is
clicked upon. I'm not sure how to achieve this with CSS.

I really your input and assistance.

http://www.tladevelopment.com/tla/test.html
http://www.tladevelopment.com/tla/tla1.css

Thank you,