Kenny Graham wrote:
>> Does this include it not needing to be IE compliant? The reason I need it is
>> to fix a margin issue in a template I've inherited, and IE is currently
>> behaving itself quite nicely (I suspect they built for IE in the first
>> place). Firefox, however, is not. *sigh*
>>

> If anything had a nonstandard way of doing something like this, it'd
> probably be IE, not the others.  The only options I can think of are
> recoding the site (adding classes to elements that have children with
> id="par2"), or using PHP or javascript to automate the adding of those
> classes.

Hi Seona,
If it is only for an IE-correction, then maybe there is one more option:
changing the css in that way, that FF and others are giving a good
result. And then correcting IE by means of a conditional comment.
In general it sounds like the site is build upside down (for IE, giving
problems with FF). If this can be turned around again, then it's
possible there are solutions (hacks, workarounds) for the resulting IE
problems. :-)
No guarantee: all will depend on the details!
If you isolate and upload the "margin fix" css in a testpage, maybe the
thinking power of this list can give some more help.

Success and greetings,
francky