>I'm using partially transparent PNG's over a background with the same
>hex code as in the png itself.
>for some reason in IE7 they don't show as the same color.
>the same problem occurs with text colored with the same hex as a png
>background - that too shows in a different color in IE7.
>
>the problem does not happen in FF or opera.
>any ideas ?

Though the settings can be tricky, there's a little program that does
remove a lot of the cruft in png files that usually also seems to
correct the color in IE7.

http://www.ardfry.com/pngoutwin/

http://advsys.net/ken/utils.htm

No, I don't work for Ken. :) I actually found this program linked on the IE7
blog
when beta test was going on.

--
Best regards,
 bj                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]