On Mon, 5 Mar 2007, Spellacy, Michael wrote:

> Does anyone out there know how to break label text so that it does not
> wrap underneath the radio button?
> I've been trying to "wrap" my head around it for hours with no luck. The
> first person to say "add a break" or "use a table" is in big trouble!
> :-)

You're excluding the simplest and most logical approach, but as you wish -
here is an approach based on semantically empty markup formatted in CSS:

.table { display: table; }
.tr { display: table-row; }
.td { display: table-cell;
       vertical-align: top; }

Naturally, this does not result in the desired appearance on IE, which
does not support table-related values for the display property (but has no
problem with simple tables in HTML markup - hint, hint). Neither is the
appearance intolerable; the text just wraps underneath the button.

(As a rule of thumb, if radio button labels are in danger of being
wrapped, then they are probably too long or the layout is too tight.
Perhaps you have some width setting that should be relaxed or removed?)