>i have a dilemma. i have a client who updates their sites content with
>dreamweaver. however, i layout all my code in a text editor and when it is
>opened in dreamweaver it does not give an accurate portrayal of what the
>site looks like in a browser. divs overlap, spacing is different etc.

Dreamweaver design view is NOT a browser. You and your client both need to view
the site in browsers to truly know how it looks.

Though css support has come far in the last version of DW, it still
renders the BEST neg margin source ordered layouts as a jumble in
wysiwyg view, despite the fact that the broken browser, IE, will
display them just fine.

So the answer is client education. Either you use undesirable markup
so they can easily edit in design view or you use good Search Engine
and Accessible device friendly markup and they preview in browser
after edits.

--
Best regards,
 bj                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]