> > I am sure that I am doing something wrong. I am sure that I am
> > duplicating and adding items that I don't need. I mean items that can
> > inherit their style from their parent selectors.

         Much of the css I look at is unnecessarily bloated because the
author either doesn't understand inheritance or is not use the principles.
Inheritance is a powerful concept. If you start your css with global
rules, something like:

body {
   padding: 20px;
   color: #333;
   font: normal 12px/16px Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
   margin: 0;
   padding: 0;
   background: #E4E9EC url(/magazine/magazine-graphics/tile.gif)
center repeat-y;
}

h1 h2 h3 h4 h5 h5 { header rules}

Then you only have to deal with the exceptions since everything
inheritances from
body, etc.

Urb

Dr. Urban A. LeJeune, President