David,

Thank you for responding.

> IE6 on Windows xp.
> I keep getting pop-up "Internet Explorer" alerts (five of 'em) saying
> "Press OK to continue loading the content of this page."

I can't verify that this behavior happens with anyone else.

It has been suggested to me that this might be the result of a setting
in your IE preferences. In Javascript settings, one of the possible
options is to ask for your confirmation when loading Javascript.

Because the IE7 patch uses Javascript to process the PNG files, it's
possible that this might be triggering your confirmation preference.

In any case, thanks to everyone who gave me some feedback on my site.
I've decided to take a few new directions with it based on what I've
learned here.

--
Dave M G
Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy Eft