From: Brandon Oto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>I was helping a friend solve a problem just now and was able to
>isolate a bug that's caused by a clear:left or clear:both on an
>element; the first div in a series ends up with a bunch of extra
>whitespace (several lines) before the cleared element, but the rest
>of the divs are fine. This is in Safari, Firefox, Opera, not in IE6
>or 7 on Win.
>
>clear: right has no such problems and using it was how I resolved his
>layout.
>
>Has anyone seen this bug before? If not, I can throw together a quick
>isolated test case for the general edification.

Ah, Brandon!

Welcome (back). It's nice to see that an "old" regular will still drop by now
and then.

I'm sure someone's seen this before, there are many here smarter and more
observant than me, but a test case would be welcome anyway. Yes, it helps with
the general edification, definitely.

Cheers!

~holly