Roger Gordon wrote:
>* Hi.
*>* This is my first post here, so I hope I've got the procedure right...
*
Welcome, Roger

>*
*>* The image map on
*>* http://osebeni.dongshiworx.co.za/lodge/look_around.php displays fine in
*>* Firefox and IE6, but in IE7 only half of the image rollover regions work.
*>* Furthermore, everything works perfectly if you apply a background color to
*>* the rollover regions. I cannot figure this out and I've spent several hours
*>* trying.
*>*
*
Does

#image_map ul,
#image_map li {height: 0;}

fix the issue? I think it is related to the list white space bug in IE.
Even if the links are absolutely positioned, the 'white space content'
takes up space, and might cover the clickable areas.

For a negative test without the fix,

ul {background-color: red; zoom:1;}

does color the area that is covered by the ul, which gets its height by
the li. The li are not getting their height by the links, because these
are absolutely positioned. And the red area is sensible to the font-size
chosen in the IE menu. The red area matches the edge of the clickable zone.

Just a guess.

Ingo

--
http://www.satzansatz.de/css.html

Great guess!!! Thank you so much, Ingo!
It works perfectly now. I had a feeling that something was covering the
links, but I couldn't understand what. I seriously spent about 6 hours
trying to fix this, and was going crazy!

I owe you a beer :)

--
>Roger Gordon
www.rogergordon.net