At 4/26/2007 02:35 PM, Shelly wrote:
>http://anekostudios.com/test/partial_ss.jpg
>This one is how I have it currently, with transparent PNG images.  I
>like how this looks, and if I *have* to use a script to get it to work
>in IE6 and lower, then I will - but I'd *really* like to avoid it.
>So I'm just wondering if there's a way to accomplish this without a
>script, and with CSS?

Shelly, you don't need javascript to work with PNGs IE6, you can use
Microsoft's proprietary AlphaImageLoader filter in your
stylesheet.  Here's a site (in development) where we use pngs to drop
a shadow on a textured background on every page:
http://tm-athletics.com/
(The content column and the page background image are both centered,
so widen & shrink your browser window to see the shadow move against
the background.)

You can find explanations in the CSS-D archives:
http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=AlphaBetaPngSupport

Also try googling PNG +CSS

Here are some other PNG support links I've bookmarked:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bobosola/
http://positioniseverything.net/articles/dropshadows.html
http://www.daltonlp.com/view/217
http://www.playingwithfire.com/test/pngbehavior/demo.html

I'm stunned to discover that all of my AlphaImageLoader bookmarks in
Microsoft's MSDN are broken [1] or come up as 'page not found'
[2].  Is it possible that they figure that since they've released IE7
developers no longer need to support earlier versions of IE?  Or
maybe they've moved them someplace their own search engine can't find them?

[1] http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms532969.aspx
[2]
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/filter/reference/filters/alphaimageloader.asp

Regards,