Thanks.  I figured as much.  The issue with select seems like a real
weakness in this whole system.  From other communications it seems to
have resulted in people just not using it.  In certain situations, I
find it hard to avoid and it causes major challenges integrating it
into other styles.

I guess Javascript is the only answer.  ugh!

--Kenoli

On May 14, 2007, at 6:34 AM, James Gadrow wrote:

>> Is there a work around to this inconsistency?
>>
>> --Kenoli
>
> Unfortunately, when styling form elements you're either going to
> have to accept a bit of browser variance or start using javascript
> to style them. This is because the browsers are so flighty with how
> they style their form elements. And lots of the time you can't
> access particular parts of a form item to change it at all via css
> (ie, the button for the input=file form).
>
> --
> Thanks,
>
> Jim

Kenoli Oleari