On 15/05/07, Michael Venables <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Has anyone noticed that the W3C's CSS validator is now parsing style
> rules embedded in HTML comments?

Hasn't it always done that? (In HTML documents where they are supposed
to be ignored, rather then XHTML documents where they are actual
comments, or CSS files where they are syntax errors).

Do you have test cases?

> I haven't seen any mention of it, so I'm wondering if
> they just kind of snuck a new version in

New versions tend to get announced. Its possible that something was
upgraded on the server, but since the CSS validator is all Java, its
not as likely as if this was the Markup Validator.

>, or if I missed something obvious. I know they were working on a
> new XHTML parsing engine, but it didn't sound like Jigsaw was included in
> that...

The Markup Valdiator does have a new XML parser (
http://validator-test.w3.org/ ) to try it out.

Jigsaw is, IIRC, the HTTPD / Servelet container that the CSS Validator
runs under and I haven't heard about any changes to either of late.

--
David Dorward <http://dorward.me.uk><http://blog.dorward.me.uk>