On 15/05/07, David Baskind <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This may be common knowledge, but is it impossible to render a list as
> inline in IE 4.0 (Win, for the sake of this argument)? I cannot get 'float'
> or 'display' to work.

>From http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms530751.aspx

"In Internet Explorer 4.0, the block, inline, and list-item values are
not supported explicitly, but do render the element."

I think that means "no"... but most developers appear to have dropped
support for IE 5.0, and many have dropped IE 5.5. I'm very surprised
anyone is still trying to support IE 4, which has been unsupported by
Microsoft for a very long time.

--
David Dorward <http://dorward.me.uk><http://blog.dorward.me.uk>