Anthony,

On May 19, 2007, at 2:16 PM, Anthony Park | 29degrees wrote:

> Before I resign myself to it not being possible with CSS, I thought
> I'd put a little problem to the great minds on this list.
>
> If you take a look at:
>
>  http://demo.29degrees.co.uk/highlight/
>
> ... you will see what I am trying to achieve. The first example
> looks slightly cramped and would benefit from padding at the
> beginning and end of each wrapped line, to provide a little spacing
> between the text and the edge of the red area, as in the second
> example.

The first-line pseudo-element is kind of what you want, but there
aren't other pseudo-elements for the other lines.

The only solution I've come up with is an ugly javascript hack to
wrap each line in a span, but my code is only a proof of concept.
Getting it to play nice with window and font resizing would be a
nightmare.

--
Roger Roelofs