For years now, I've had no luck finding a good, reliable tool or method
for cleanly converting Word documents to nice, clean HTML.

I often work with documents from clients that have embedded hyperlinks
and basic formatting (bold, italics, paragraph breaks, etc.)...  I'd
like to keep all this, but lose the rest -- random FONT tags, any weird
Word CSS styling, and so on...

Does anyone have a good solution for this?

For the record, I've tried these options, all of which have drawbacks:

1) Textism HTML Word Cleaner <http://textism.com/wordcleaner/> (works
well, but for larger documents, charges a fee, and also limits the
number of times you can use it in a day)\

2) Word HTML Mess Cleaner
<http://www.algotech.dk/word-html-cleaner-input.htm> (works pretty well,
and it's free, but it adds a lot of odd line breaks that require
additional cleanup)

3) Dreamweaver 8.  Has a built-in Word HTML tool, but it doesn't really
seem to purge the horrible Word-generated HTML of all of the extraneous
code and tags.  It also has a "Paste Special" option that sometimes
works, but not so well on a Mac.

Anyone have a better solution?

Matt P
www.mattmedia.net