I know I don't contribute a lot to this list (kind of hard to offer
advice when you're in the ranks that some of you all are in - I
sometimes feel like a Private standing in front of Patton, if you know
what I mean) - but I found something I thought was interesting.

I was having an issue with an "experiment" someone laid on the the other
day, and I was - for a short time - looking for a way to "clear" an
absolutely positioned div in the same way you could clear a float.  I
was pretty sure it couldn't be done (in fact, in my search, I found a
response from Ingo to a thread written a little over a year ago that
specified "no" to this exact question - which sort of made it a definite
for me).

However, I *did* find this:

http://www.shauninman.com/assets/examples/si-clear-absolutes-1.6/nested.html

Now, I haven't given it a good look, and I only tested it in Firefox 2.0
and IE 6 and 7.  But whatever it is this guy did, it seems to work.  I
was wondering if I could get some alternate thoughts on this method.
Where could you see it being "bad" to use?  Has anyone seen anything
like this before? (and for the record, I don't know what the "CDATA" is
for, or what effect it has on this method...)

I thought it was pretty interesting, and just wanted to get some input
on what you all thought of it.

~Shelly